- Serves: 1 smoothie bowl
- Serving size: 1 smoothie bowl without toppings
- Calories: 272
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Sugar: 26.6g
- Fiber: 7.2g
- Protein: 20g
A thick and creamy smoothie bowl packed with protein! Options to make it a mocha smoothie by adding instant coffee or just make your own. This is a great base recipe and good for breakfast or dessert.
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Chocolate Almond Milk, plus more if necessary
- 1 scoop your favorite protein powder (I recommend plain, vanilla or chocolate)
- 1 packet instant coffee, if desired
- 1 cup spinach (if you want a superfood boost)
- A few ice cubes
- Almond Butter
- Toasted Almonds
- Chia seeds
- Low-fat Granola
- Sliced Bananas
- Fresh Strawberries
- Carob chips
- Unsweetened Coconut flakes
- Add all ingredients except desired toppings to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If necessary, add more almond milk and/or ice to reach the desired consistency. The smoothie should be fairly thick so that you can eat it with a spoon.
- Pour into a bowl and top with desired toppings such as chia and granola. Serves 1.
Nutrition only includes banana, protein powder, spinach, almond milk and coffee. Protein powder is based off of 1 scoop around 100 calories with no added sugar.