“A green tube cake made by altering a cake mix with pistachio pudding and green food coloring.”
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4 ounces) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 7 drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl mix together cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in eggs, water, oil, almond extract, and green food coloring. Blend ingredients, then beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour into prepared 10-inch tube pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly pressed. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.