One of the hardest things about any plan, including Weight Watchers Smart Points, is starting something new. It can be hard to make that first step. If you are here, chances are you’ve already done that hard work! Another issue that some people have with the Smart Points program and Weight Watchers, in general, is that it can get kind of pricey. We can help with that, don’t get discouraged before you even being.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours
Total Time: 7 hours, 30 minutes
- •1 large head cabbage
- •1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- •3/4 cup quick-cooking rice
- •1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- •1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- •1 egg, lightly beaten •1-ounce onion soup mix
- •1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- •1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- •Salt to taste
- •Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
•In a large bowl, combine the tomato sauce, rice, green pepper, cracker crumbs, egg and soup mix.
Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
•Place about 1/3 cup meat mixture on each cabbage leaf; overlap cut ends of leaf. Fold in sides, beginning from the cut end. Roll up completely to enclose filling. Secure with toothpicks if desired.
•Place cabbage rolls in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour V8 juice over rolls. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until filling reaches 160°.
Just before serving, sprinkle with salt and cheese if desired.