“If you’re from the South you will definitely love this recipe, which includes grits, eggs, sausage, and cheese. When I cook it, I place it in the slow cooker to stay warm. There is nothing worse than cold grits.”
- 6 cups of water
- 2 cups uncooked grits
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan, and stir in grits. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 5 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed. Mix in 1/2 the butter and 2 cups cheese until melted.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage until evenly browned. Drain, and mix into the grits. Beat together the eggs and milk in a bowl, and pour into the skillet. Lightly scramble, then mix into the grits.
- Pour the grits mixture into the prepared baking dish. Dot with remaining butter, and top with remaining cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
Mexicali Hashbrown Taco Casserole