“A nice change from the traditional cranberry sauce.”
- 2 (3 ounces) packages cherry-flavored Jell-O(R) mix
- 1 (16 ounces) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (20 ounces) can crush pineapple with juice
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Drain crushed pineapple and save 1/4 cup of the juice. Dissolve gelatin in 2 cups of hot water. Stir in cranberries and crushed pineapple. Pour 1/2 of the mixture in a bowl and leave at room temperature, set the other 1/2 in the refrigerator until firm.
- In a separate bowl mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, reserved pineapple juice, and chopped pecans. Spread mixture over chilled gelatin. Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes. Pour the room temperature gelatin over the top of the cream cheese layer and refrigerate until set.