Who says broccoli has to be boring? This one-skillet chicken broccoli combination is a great way to enjoy your favorite ingredients as a healthy lunch or dinner. You can try it with cauliflower as well!
Servings: 4 | SmartPoints: 5
How to make One-Skillet Chicken and Broccoli:
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, chopped into big bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger root, minced
- 1 tbsp water
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil and brown the chicken at medium heat.
- Remove the chicken and saute the broccoli florets. Once cooked set aside.
- Now, saute celery and onion until both are soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring back the broccoli and chicken. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let it set.
- For the sauce: In a large pan at low heat, combine all ingredients until thick and almost start to bubbling.
- Add sauce to the chicken pan, combine and serve.