“Beef sirloin cubes browned with garlic then simmered in tomato sauce and red wine until tender. Great over buttered noodles.”
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin
- 1 (16 ounces) can mushrooms, with liquid
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup red wine
- Cut beef into cubes. In a large skillet over medium/high heat, heat the olive oil and brown beef cubes with the garlic.
- Add mushrooms with liquid, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and red wine. Cook for 30 minutes or until beef cubes is tender. Add a little more wine while cooking if desired.