Everyone in my family loves it! I could serve it 7 days a week and there would be smiling faces all around the dinner table if I was serving it.
But these enchiladas are even better than regular Mexican food. Well, of course, Yes, they are indeed Mexican inspired food, but imagine the best, most delicious imaginable, super creamy and Cheesy to boot, Mexican food!!!!!
This recipe is a 10 star outta 10-star recipe. Everyone in my family loved, loved, loved it. It’s easy to put together and ridiculously yummy. The sauce is thick and rich and not at all spicy. Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas in a creamy white sauce, what’s not to love?
**WHAT I LOVE MOST ABOUT THIS RECIPE**
- Honestly, they’re one of my all-time favorite Tex-Mex recipes. They’re better than any restaurant enchiladas
- They’re easy enough for a weeknight meal.
- The SAUCE! Love dat SAUCE!
How to make it:
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tbs. fresh chopped cilantro (1/2 tbs. dried)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 8 tortillas
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack and Colby cheese blend
- 1 can dice green chiles
How to make it :
In a saucepan, mix together sour cream, soup, and cilantro. Heat through and set aside. Combine the chicken, Rotel, onions, and green chiles in a pan sprayed with cooking spray. Heat until onions are transparent. Warm the tortillas until flexible. Fill each tortilla with about 2 tbs. of the chicken mixture. Top with about 1/2-1 tablespoon of cheese. Roll the tortilla up and place seam side down in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Pour the sour cream sauce over enchiladas. Top with the remaining cheese.