“This is a recipe that I created by modifying my mother’s recipe. My boyfriend is a fettuccine Alfredo connoisseur and he scrapes the pan every time! I get nothing but rave reviews when I make this dish. I must warn you, this recipe is not for the health-conscious. Enjoy!”
- 24 ounces dry fettuccini pasta
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 pint heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccini and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter into cream over low heat. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt. Stir in cheese over medium heat until melted; this will thicken the sauce.
- Add pasta to the sauce. Use enough of the pasta so that all of the sauce is used and the pasta is thoroughly coated. Serve immediately.